South India is a diverse and vibrant region with a rich cultural heritage and stunning natural beauty. From the hill stations of Coorg and Munnar to the backwaters of Kerala and the beaches of Goa, there is something for everyone in South India.
Here is a list of some of the best tour places in South India:
- Coorg: Coorg, also known as the “Scotland of India,” is a hill station in Karnataka known for its lush green forests, rolling hills, and coffee plantations. Popular tourist attractions in Coorg include Raja’s Seat, Abbey Falls, and Tadiandamol Peak.
- Munnar: Munnar is another popular hill station in Kerala, known for its tea plantations, waterfalls, and scenic beauty. Must-visit tourist attractions in Munnar include Mattupetty Dam, Anamudi Peak, and the Eravikulam National Park, which is home to the endangered Nilgiri tahr.
- Kerala backwaters: The Kerala backwaters are a network of interconnected canals, lakes, and rivers that offer a unique and unforgettable experience. Visitors can take a houseboat cruise through the backwaters and enjoy the scenic beauty of the region, as well as visit traditional villages and temples.
- Goa: Goa is a coastal state in India known for its beautiful beaches, vibrant nightlife, and Portuguese heritage. Popular tourist attractions in Goa include Baga Beach, Anjuna Beach, and Palolem Beach. Visitors can also visit the Basilica of Bom Jesus, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the Fort Aguada.
Other popular tourist places in South India include:
- Hampi: Hampi is a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Karnataka known for its ancient ruins and temples. The ruins of Hampi were once the capital of the Vijayanagara Empire, one of the most powerful empires in India.
- Pondicherry: Pondicherry, also known as Puducherry, is a coastal city in Tamil Nadu with a French colonial heritage. Popular tourist attractions in Pondicherry include the Promenade Beach, the Sri Aurobindo Ashram, and the French Quarter.
- Mahabalipuram: Mahabalipuram is a coastal town in Tamil Nadu known for its rock-cut temples and sculptures. The Shore Temple at Mahabalipuram is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Tanjore: Tanjore, also known as Thanjavur, is a city in Tamil Nadu known for its Brihadeeswarar Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Brihadeeswarar Temple is one of the largest and most impressive temples in India.
- Madurai: Madurai is a city in Tamil Nadu known for its Meenakshi Amman Temple, one of the most important Hindu temples in India. The Meenakshi Amman Temple is famous for its colorful architecture and intricate sculptures.
These are just a few of the many best tour places in South India. With its rich culture, natural beauty, and friendly people, South India has something to offer everyone.
Planning your trip:
When planning your trip to South India, it is important to consider the time of year you are traveling. The best time to visit South India is during the winter months (October to March), when the weather is pleasant.
South India is well-connected by air and rail. There are several international airports in South India, including Chennai International Airport, Bangalore International Airport, and Hyderabad International Airport. There are also several domestic airports in South India, such as Kochi International Airport, Trivandrum International Airport, and Madurai Airport.
South India is also well-connected by rail. There are several major railway stations in South India, such as Chennai Central Railway Station, Bangalore City Junction, and Hyderabad Charminar Railway Station.
There are a variety of accommodation options available in South India, from budget guesthouses to luxury hotels. You can also choose to stay in a houseboat in the Kerala backwaters.
Things to do:
There are many things to see and do in South India. Here are a few suggestions:
- Visit the backwaters of Kerala and take a houseboat cruise.
- Explore the ancient ruins of Hampi.
- Visit the French Quarter of Pondicherry.
- See the rock-cut temples and sculptures of Mahabalipuram.
- Visit the Brihadeeswarar Temple in Tanjore.
- Visit the Meenakshi Amman Temple in Madurai.
- Enjoy the beaches of Goa.
- Go trekking in the hills of Coorg and Munnar.
- Visit the wildlife sanctuaries of South India.
- Experience the culture of South India by visiting temples, attending festivals