Char Dham Yatra is one of the most popular spiritual journeys in India, where pilgrims visit four holy shrines of Hinduism: Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath. The journey is believed to cleanse the soul and purify the mind, and it attracts thousands of devotees every year. However, to embark on this journey, one needs to register and follow certain guidelines set by the authorities. In this article, we will provide you with everything you need to know about Char Dham Yatra Registration 2023, including the dates, process, and requirements.
Char Dham Yatra Registration 2023: Dates
The Char Dham Yatra usually starts in April or May and continues until October or November, depending on the weather conditions. The exact dates for the 2023 Yatra have not been announced yet, but it is expected to start in the last week of April or the first week of May and continue until the end of October. It is advisable to plan your journey accordingly and keep an eye on the official websites for updates on the dates.
Char Dham Yatra Registration 2023: Process
To register for Char Dham Yatra 2023, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the Char Dham Yatra Registration Portal.
- Click on the “Register Now” button and fill in the required details such as name, address, age, gender, ID proof, etc.
- Choose the dates for your journey and the shrines you want to visit.
- Pay the registration fee online.
- Once the registration is complete, you will receive a confirmation email or SMS.
It is important to note that you need to register separately for each shrine you want to visit. For example, if you want to visit all four shrines, you need to register four times. Also, make sure to carry a copy of your registration confirmation with you during the journey.
Char Dham Yatra Registration 2023: Requirements
To embark on the Char Dham Yatra, you need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Age Limit: The minimum age limit for Char Dham Yatra is 13 years, and there is no upper age limit. However, elderly pilgrims are advised to consult their doctors before embarking on the journey.
- Medical Certificate: All pilgrims need to provide a medical certificate from a registered doctor certifying that they are fit to undertake the journey.
- COVID-19 Negative Report: In light of the ongoing pandemic, all pilgrims need to provide a COVID-19 negative report from an RT-PCR test conducted within 72 hours of the journey.
- Photo ID Proof: All pilgrims need to carry a valid photo ID proof such as Aadhar Card, Voter ID, Driving License, or Passport.
- Dress Code: All pilgrims need to follow the dress code prescribed by the authorities, which includes wearing traditional Indian attire such as saree, salwar kameez, or dhoti-kurta for men. Shorts, skirts, and revealing clothes are not allowed.
Q1. Can I register for Char Dham Yatra offline?
A. No, the registration for Char Dham Yatra can only be done online through the official website.
Q2. What is the registration fee for
Certainly, here are some more FAQs regarding Char Dham Yatra Registration 2023:
Q3. Can I change the dates or shrines after registering for Char Dham Yatra? A. No, once the registration is complete, you cannot change the dates or shrines. You will have to register again if you want to make any changes.
Q4. Is there a limit on the number of pilgrims allowed for Char Dham Yatra? A. Yes, there is a limit on the number of pilgrims allowed for Char Dham Yatra, and it varies for each shrine. The authorities release a fixed number of permits for each day, and once the limit is reached, no more permits are issued for that day.
Q5. Is it safe to undertake Char Dham Yatra during the pandemic? A. The authorities have taken several measures to ensure the safety of pilgrims during the pandemic. All pilgrims need to provide a COVID-19 negative report, and the authorities have set up sanitization booths and medical aid centers along the route. However, it is advisable to follow all the guidelines and take necessary precautions such as wearing masks, maintaining social distancing, and carrying hand sanitizers.
Q6. Can I undertake Char Dham Yatra without registering?
A. No, it is mandatory to register for Char Dham Yatra, and pilgrims without a valid registration will not be allowed to undertake the journey.
Q7. Is there any quota for senior citizens or differently-abled pilgrims?
A. Yes, the authorities have set aside a certain quota for senior citizens and differently-abled pilgrims. They can apply for the quota by providing the necessary documents.
Char Dham Yatra is not just a journey, but a spiritual experience that enriches the soul and connects us with the divine. However, to undertake this journey, one needs to follow certain guidelines and register in advance. In this article, we have provided you with everything you need to know about Char Dham Yatra Registration 2023, including the dates, process, and requirements. Make sure to follow all the guidelines and take necessary precautions to make your journey safe and memorable. Happy Yatra!